The next chapters in the Ramsaysburg story will be created mainly through the efforts of The Friends of Ramsaysburg. Advisory Board members will recommend strategies for using the site as an venue for arts and culture, historical interpretation, environmental education and recreation. Ramsaysburg’s continued success depends on one thing: community participation. Your involvement at any level is crucial, and your ideas and suggestions are heartily welcomed.
• Buildings, grounds and trails maintenance
• Expanded Performing Arts: barn and outdoor concerts, theatre, dance
• Fine Arts: indoor and outdoor exhibitions for painting, photography
• Historical Interpretation: exhibits, lectures, seminars,
• Student Classroom Visits: Indigenous culture, early American frontier life, transportation development (rivers, rails and roads)
• Environmental Education: Earth literacy, botanical inventory, local geology, river ecology
• Recreation: river paddling, fishing, nature hikes
• Resource Center: visitor information, local history library, genealogy
• Private events: weddings, reunions, flea markets, corporate picnics
If you have specific interest in any of these areas, or if you’d like to serve as an advisory board member, please contact Hal Bromm via email.